This site provides a complete open source design for a nixie tube clock. In this site you will find the schematic, layout, source code, specifications, bill of materials and an enclosure example for my clock design. I have worked on my nixie tube clock design for more than 2 years. The material provided is my design and is thus copyright; I provide it with the intention of sharing my enthusiasm and enjoyment of designing and building a nixie tube clock. Profit from this material is not permitted.
- Digits fade.
- 12/24hr display mode (leading zero blanking in 12hr mode).
- Boost topology switch mode power supply.
- Real time clock with capacitor backup.
- Configuration settings saved during power-down.
- Firmware is boot upgradable.
- RS232 compatible interface.
- Simple IR remote control user interface.
- Ambient light detection for auto brightness adjust.
- 6-level brightness adjustment in both light and dark ambient (36 configurations).
- Auto on/off with input for PIR motion sensor.
- Dry contact relay output.
- Temperature display.
- Alarm with buzzer/relay activation.
- 15 minute snooze
- Momentary display of alarm set time.
- Momentary display of firmware version.
- Tubes are socketed for ease of replacement.